Most households waste over 11,000 gallons of water each year. The Mammoth Community Water District encourages you to lower that number. Stop by the District for free conservation materials including showerheads, aerators, hose nozzles, sink screens, dish squeegees, leak detection dye tablets, and more.
Indoor Water Saving Resources
- Indoor Rebates
- Winterizing Tips
- Plumbers that Passed MCWD’s Leak Detection Course
- Finding and Fixing Leaks Around the House
- 100 Ways to Save Water
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth – saves 3 gallons per day.
- Shorten your showers by 2 minutes – saves 5 gallons per shower.
- Wash full loads of laundry – saves 15 to 50 gallons per load.
- Use the garbage can rather than garbage disposal – saves 1 gallon per use.
- Fix leaky faucets – Saves 20 gallons per day.
- Fix leaky toilets – Saves up to 78,000 gallons per year.
- Install high efficiency toilets – Saves up to 4 gallons per flush.
- Use three drops of blue dye in your tank to check for a leaky toilet
- We provide free low flow showerheads
- We give rebates toward the purchase of high efficiency toilets, dishwashers and clothes washers